Success rhymes with dress, I believe it is not by chance.
The book was originally written by John T. Molloy, about the effect of clothing, on a person’s success in business and personal life. The advice given in the book was actually test proof, as they run a scientific research on the topic. The main results, were :
- You should dress like you already have the job
- Respondents subconsciously judged the clothes to see that the wearer fit in with other employees
- People perceive you as someone with influence
- It empowers you and makes you feel more confident ( interpersonal relationships)
- It gives you a competitive advantage over competitors
- First impressions are crucial and determine how you are perceived and the position, people think you should held